VibePay, as part of the Vibe Group, is a high growth, FCA-regulated Fintech that offers a free P2P payment and messaging app powered by Open Banking. The company is developing mobile and web apps to offer payment services to small businesses plus one-to-many messaging by brands to users. In 2024, VibePay will begin to offer data-driven insights on user spending habits to its business customers. Also in 2024, VibePay plans to offer these services in the US We are looking for a Senior Head of Finance to prepare the group for a Series A fundraise in Spring/Summer 2024 and assist the CEO in bringing the round to a successful close.
VibePay is looking for a Finance & Administration Manager, to ensure that the Vibe Group companies operate with best in class financial management, reporting and modeling backed up with smooth and efficient administration.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter comfortable working in a rapidly-changing, FCA regulated startup environment. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be able to produce consolidated management accounts in Fathom (or similar) from reconciled trial balances in Xero, run monthly payrolls and handle all the financial and general administration. You will assist in the preparation of the annual budgets, the financial models and the pitch decks for external fundraising. Vibe’s investors are very focused on the finances so this is a key role. Potential investors will carry out detailed due diligence so a high degree of accuracy and organization is a must.
Although we would prefer the successful applicant to be based within commuting distance of Lancaster City Centre and working in our office for at least 2 days per week, we can be flexible on hours and accommodate fully remote within the UK, or hybrid working arrangements. However, in this case, some occasional fully-expensed travel will be required to our offices in Lancaster.
- Sole responsibility for the day to day bookkeeping for all Vibe entities
- Running monthly payrolls and workplace pension administration
- Making supplier, salary and expenses payments being mindful of cash flow
- Maintaining supplier relationships and contracts as the primary contact
- Production of consolidated monthly management accounts for inclusion in the board pack
- Production of the quarterly reports for the British Business Bank (Future Fund)
- Maintenance of a detailed cash flow forecast
- Some liaison with external professional advisers and investors
- Assisting the Department Heads with recruitment administration and new employee onboarding
- Dealing with incoming correspondence
- Organizing work socials/events and some staff travel
- AAT Level 3 or above or QBE with at least 5 years in a similar role (Essential)
- Xero Certified with at least 2 year’s practical experience (Essential)
- Familiarity with Xero add-ons such as Fathom and Dext (Receipt Bank) (Desirable)
- High-level proficiency in Excel (Essential)
- Confident and articulate communicator (Essential)
- Detail orientated (Essential)
- Self starter (Essential)
- Experience within a Fintec startup (Desirable)
- Experience working in an FCA-regulated business (Desirable)
What we offer
- Competitive salary (c. £30,000 per annum)
- Participation in a future employee share scheme
- Financial assistance with professional training and development
- Flexible working
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday.
- Regular team days out and socials
- Contributory pension scheme
- An exciting opportunity to make your mark in a fast-growing sector in the UK, Europe and USA.
How to apply
Vibe Group Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and associated entities is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, nationalities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
As Vibe Pay Limited is an FCA regulated business, we require successful applicants to clear our pre-employment screening process which includes a credit check and references checks. Under the latest UK Right to Work regulations, we will require successful applicants to evidence their right to work in the UK, either in person, online, or digitally via a third party subject to circumstances.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled rather than the advertised closing date. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.